Tuesday, December 02, 2008

1330 HRS..

we were still in baguio..

i was seated on the bus that was going to take us home. restless. i had to be at the office at 8pm. seven hours. kept wondering if we had enough time to reach manila. asked the guy sitting next to me if it was possible. he said the trip normally takes just six hours. but, counting traffic and stopovers, getting to the office before 8 would require a miracle.

i was seated on the bus. next to the window. i had planned on enjoying the view the countryside offers. lush greenery, the mountains stretched on the background, the houses scattered on the roadside, and the people that stops, looking at us as we pass along the highways. watching all these brought back memories of my life in the province. made me realize how long it has been since i was home. really felt home. the city feels more like a jungle, constant chaos at every turn. the scene offered by the windows was a welcome change. someday, when i can, my house will stand on these lands. where nature will greet me and my family as soon as we open the doors and windows.

i was seated on the bus. half of the passengers inside were already sleeping. good for them. it was a long ride, and there's not much to do. max payne was playing on the tv. was painful watching the movie. another reason to choose sleeping over enduring 90 minutes of the crappy film. quite a disappointment really, considering i liked the game where the movie was based.

i was seated on the bus. would look at the time displayed on my phone every now and then. five-minute intervals. the bus was moving too slow. or, at least, it appeared that way to me. couldn't believe we were still in pangasinan after an hour. my own calculations told me we should already be at the expressway after an hour. would've switched seats with the driver if i only knew how to drive the darn thing. i was drifting in and out of sleep, and we were still on the same province. we were running slow. i was convinced we were.

i was seated on the bus. after three hours, we just reached tarlac. it was almost five already. getting frustrated now. i should've been home earlier than this. had enough rest already. imagined myself still sleeping, thinking i'd still have a few hours more before preparing for work. instead, i find myself seated on a bus. on the road. ranting silently. cursing under my breath. utterly bored. and, most likely, would be served another memo for punctuality. perfect. just perfect.

i was seated on the bus. reached manila at 1930HRS. balintawak. got off the bus at 1940HRS. made it to the office after 40mins. late by half an hour. nothing new. story of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home